I watch these movies because they amuse me. See more. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. exp. New from Collins Quick word challenge. amuse yourself I'm sure I'll be able to amuse myself for a few hours. Bueno, eso sí me divierte. amuse myself synonyms - similar meaning - 91. es 1. Another word for amuse: entertain, please, delight, charm, cheer | Collins English Thesaurus (3) exp. Did You Know? Synonyms for amused in Free Thesaurus. What Does “Auld Lang Syne” Actually Mean? New from Collins Quick word challenge. Synonyms for amusement park in Free Thesaurus. In fact, he was so precocious and said such droll things as greatly to amuse the king and those around him. Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? 1 2 3. The words amuse and divert are common synonyms of entertain. The visitors amused themselves with sightseeing, painting and picnics. See more. Lists. Synonyms and related words To perform or entertain, or to be performed Lists. and The Regency, Complete, The Early Life and Adventures of Sylvia Scarlett. Synonyms for amusement in Free Thesaurus. synonym study for amuse Amuse, divert, entertain mean to occupy the attention with something pleasant. “Amuse.” Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/amuse. 2. es 1. Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). Thesaurus for amuse from the Collins English Thesaurus. to make time pass pleasantly for somebody/yourself synonym entertain amuse somebody She suggested several ideas to help Laura amuse the twins. We Asked, You Answered. Delivered to your inbox! Search Amuse me if I think you and think you without thinking it and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso. Amuse-bouche definition is - a small complimentary appetizer offered at some restaurants. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. 2. You amuse me with your "fluke". As verbs the difference between entertain and amuse is that entertain is to amuse (someone); (said especially of a professional entertainer) while amuse is to entertain or occupy in a pleasant manner; to stir with pleasing emotions. Top synonyms for amuse me (other words for amuse me) are distract myself, makes me laugh and amuses me. Another word for amuse: entertain, please, delight, charm, cheer | Collins English Thesaurus You can complete the definition of Amuse me if I think you and think you without thinking it given by the English Definition dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins … As a noun entertain is (obsolete) ; pleasure. Join our early testers! The tangled history behind David Fincher’s Mank — and its link to Citizen Kane — explained, Overland through Asia; Pictures of Siberian, Chinese, and Tartar Life, The Memoirs of the Louis XIV. Divert implies turning the attention from serious thoughts or pursuits to something light, amusing, or lively. amuse myself synonyms - similar meaning - 91. playful or humorous and pleases the fancy. Accessed 1 Jan. 2021. For Mrs. Langton had begged him to do something to amuse the children. amuse us with phrase. Amuse definition, to hold the attention of (someone) pleasantly; entertain or divert in an enjoyable or cheerful manner: She amused the guests with witty conversation. But, of course, you've either got to amuse people or feed 'em or shock 'em. amuse definition: 1. to entertain someone, especially by humorous speech or action or by making them laugh or smile…. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'. amuse yourselves while I make dinner When might divert be a better fit than amuse? AMUSE 'AMUSE' is a 5 letter word starting with A and ending with E Crossword clues for 'AMUSE' Clue Answer; Elicit a grin from (5) AMUSE: Get a smile from (5) Be the life of the party (5) Tickle one's fancy (5) Keep entertained (5) Cause to chuckle (5) Cause mirth (5) Crack up (5) Make laugh (5) Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for AMUSE We hope that the following list of synonyms … exp. amuse suggests that one's attention is engaged lightly. The words entertain and amuse are synonyms, but do differ in nuance. The author's object being to interest and amuse, it must be admitted that he has succeeded. This little fiction is to amuse the credulous, and would be 'important if true.'. Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free!