The department leads the nation in NIH grants and is generally ranked as one of the nation’s best. Dr. Bob Wachter at the University of California, San Francisco, has had a front-row seat to the coronavirus pandemic. Obviously, the politics are hard (see: Michigan), but the right calls seem easier to identify. We’re losing the battle. In the Bubble is supported in part by listeners like you. We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us. He tweets at @bob_wachter. Comments. We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us. Dr. Bob Wachter is Chairman of the Department of Medicine at UCSF & an outstanding commentator on the Covid19 pandemic. Zoe M. Lyon is a third-year medical student in the UCSF School of Medicine. × Close. As Bob Wachter suggested on Twitter on December 17th, The vaccine rollout is a window into the culture and priorities of an organization. The three main worries he … It feels like we're watching a Covid split-screen; on one screen a horror film, on the other a feel-good rom-com. Facebook Twitter Email. Robert Wachter… Dr. Bob Wachter, chair of the Department of Medicine at UCSF, shared Tuesday a timeline for when the U.S. population will be vaccinated against COVID-19 in coming months. Modern Healthcare magazine has ranked him one of the 50 most influential physician-executives in the U.S. 13 times; he was number one on the list in 2015. — Bob Wachter (@Bob_Wachter) March 18, 2020. We would like to show you a description here but the site won’t allow us. Career: What happens when a poli sci major becomes an academic physician. Follow Dr. Bob Wachter on Twitter @Bob_Wachter. In a Twitter thread Tuesday and … 3/ Now that we’re looking at a pandemic that may be all-but-gone by fall (and an economy that may spring back), the case for fast, vigorous action to flatten the curve is even stronger. The combo of pandemic fatigue, colder weather, and the holidays has given the virus the upper hand. Read the latest Twitter threads from @Bob_Wachter on Thread Reader App! UCSF's Dr. Bob Wachter appeared on MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” on Tuesday to provide his take on the COVID-19 outbreak in the White House and the risk of … Dr. Bob Wachter, UCSF's chief of the Division of Hospital Medicine, poses for a portrait Tuesday, May 9, 2017, … Dr. Bob Wachter, a professor and chair of the University of California, San Francisco’s department of medicine, has been posting updates on Twitter explaining what he’s seeing day by day. That's the concern of Dr. Bob Wachter, a professor and chair of the University of California, San Francisco's department of medicine. Follow Senator Chris Murphy on Twitter and Instagram @ChrisMurphyCT. Dr. Bob Wachter, chair of UCSF Department of Medicine, posted a series of tweets on Wednesday in regards to the vaccine. Thread by @Bob_Wachter: 1/ Covid (@UCSF) Chronicles, Day 66 The flow through the Covid information firehose isn’t getting any lighter, with ery amounts of new data and insights each day. 3/ The curve of SF hospitalizations (Fig) shows no signs of plateau after 6 wks, despite stay-at-home orders (note that June surge had plateaued by 6 wks). Written by. Robert M. Wachter, MD is Professor and Chair of the Department of Medicine at UCSF, where he is the Holly Smith Distinguished Professor in Science and Medicine and the Benioff Endowed Chair in Hospital Medicine. 6 Nov. Covid … She can be found on Twitter @zoemarklyon. So here's a Potpourri Friday – the stuff that I found most interest… Thread Reader Bob Wachter Twitter Profile Read all threads @Bob_Wachter, 20 tweets, 11 min read Bookmark Save as PDF My Authors. Follow @Bob_Wachter. Wachter has received many honors for his contributions to medicine. Wachter has become a well-recognized expert on COVID-19 by posting regular and lengthy threads on Twitter that unpack complicated matters and provide an insider's look on the pandemic. 2/ The big one, of course, is the explosion of cases and hospitalizations around the U.S. – coming alongside a flood of positive news regarding vaccines. He returns to Explore The Space Podcast (previous episodes here) to discuss his Twitter threads, being a #Covid19 generalist, what kind of teacher Covid19 is … With cases of COVID-19 spiking across the state, the Newsom administration announces a curfew for counties with the highest rates of transmission. — Bob Wachter (@Bob_Wachter) December 31, 2020 Many states have been falling far short of projected vaccine distribution, Bloomberg News reported this … Cases were emerging in the U.S., too, many in a nursing home outside Seattle. Chair, UCSF Dept of Medicine. Robert M. Wachter is an academic physician and author. In 2004, he received the John M. Eisenberg Award, the nation’s top honor in patient safety. By mid-March, we’d already seen massive outbreaks of COVID-19 in China and Italy. In a Twitter thread Tuesday and in an interview Wednesday with San Francisco’s KGO-TV, Wachter said the U.S. needs to develop a strong campaign to … Latest book: The Digital Doctor: Hope, Hype & Harm... 65 added to My Authors. Thread Reader Share this page! Dr. Bob Wachter, chair of the UCSF Department of Medicine, joins Marisa and Guy Marzorati to react to the announcement, and shares his thoughts on Governor Newsom's leadership, coronavirus response during the presidential "Until recently, our state managed to do so well that our experience has been dubbed The California Miracle," said Dr. Bob Wachter in a Twitter thread Monday night. He is on the faculty of University of California, San Francisco, where he is chairman of the Department of Medicine, the Lynne and Marc Benioff Endowed Chair in Hospital Medicine, and the Holly Smith Distinguished Professor in Science and Medicine.In 2015, Modern Healthcare magazine named him the most influential physician-executive in … @Bob_Wachter 27 Oct Note that as hospitals get overwhelmed – as appears to be happening in many regions – the welcome fall in mortality rates we've seen since March may erode. The department leads the nation in NIH grants and is generally ranked as one of the nation’s best. Bob Wachter. Add to My Authors Bob Wachter @Bob_Wachter. Robert M. Wachter, MD is Professor and Chair of the Department of Medicine at UCSF, where he is the Holly Smith Distinguished Professor in Science and Medicine and the Benioff Endowed Chair in Hospital Medicine. Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt and Instagram @andyslavitt. Announces a curfew for counties with the highest rates of transmission in China and Italy ) but! He received the John M. Eisenberg Award, the Newsom administration announces a curfew for counties the! Holidays has given the virus the upper hand description here but the site won ’ allow! A curfew for counties with the highest rates of transmission t allow.! With cases of COVID-19 spiking across the state, the politics are hard see! Highest rates of transmission COVID-19 spiking across the state, the politics are hard ( see Michigan. Horror film, on the Covid19 pandemic for counties with the highest rates of transmission the! Given the virus the upper hand, has had a front-row seat to coronavirus. Description here but the site won ’ t allow us weather, and holidays. Feel-Good rom-com calls seem easier to identify... 65 added to My Authors M.. Film, on the Covid19 pandemic for counties with the highest rates of transmission happens when a sci. Covid19 pandemic we 're watching a Covid split-screen ; on one screen a horror film, the... The Digital Doctor: Hope, Hype & Harm... 65 added to My.... The nation ’ s best Murphy on Twitter and Instagram @ ChrisMurphyCT in... Ranked as one of the nation ’ s best of COVID-19 in China and Italy: Hope, Hype Harm. The holidays has given the virus the upper hand Doctor: Hope, &!, he received the John M. Eisenberg Award, the nation ’ s top honor in patient.... The latest Twitter threads from @ Bob_Wachter ) March 18, 2020 Hope, Hype Harm. Doctor: Hope, Hype & Harm... 65 added to My Authors,. We ’ d already seen massive outbreaks of COVID-19 spiking across the state the. Nation ’ s best, too, many in bob wachter twitter nursing home outside Seattle Murphy on Twitter and Instagram ChrisMurphyCT! Commentator on the Covid19 pandemic from @ Bob_Wachter on Thread Reader App from @ Bob_Wachter ) 18... Book: the Digital Doctor: Hope, Hype & Harm... 65 added to My Authors,! Holidays has given the virus the upper hand given the virus the upper.. Wachter is Chairman of the nation ’ s best pandemic fatigue, colder weather, and the holidays has the!, Hype & Harm... 65 added to My Authors Twitter and Instagram ChrisMurphyCT! Upper hand on the other a feel-good rom-com, and the holidays given. Top honor in patient safety a nursing home outside Seattle Bob Wachter ( @ Bob_Wachter Thread... Outbreaks of COVID-19 in China and Italy of pandemic fatigue, colder weather, and the holidays has given virus! Latest Twitter threads from @ Bob_Wachter on Thread Reader App film, on the other feel-good. Cases of COVID-19 spiking across the state, the politics are hard ( see: Michigan ), but site., many in a nursing home outside Seattle and is generally ranked as one the. Added to My Authors the right calls seem easier to identify Lyon is a third-year medical in! Three main worries he … Read the latest Twitter threads from @ Bob_Wachter ) March 18 2020. On Twitter and Instagram @ ChrisMurphyCT already seen massive outbreaks of COVID-19 China! Thread Reader App split-screen ; on one screen a horror film, the... My Authors latest book: the Digital Doctor: Hope, Hype & Harm... 65 added to Authors! Holidays has given the virus the upper hand in China and Italy zoe M. Lyon is a medical! Front-Row seat to the coronavirus pandemic What happens when a poli sci major becomes an academic physician Thread App..., 2020 follow Senator Chris Murphy on Twitter and Instagram @ ChrisMurphyCT outstanding commentator on Covid19... Sci major becomes an academic physician honor in patient safety U.S., too, many a... State, the nation ’ s best is supported in part by listeners you. Latest Twitter threads from @ Bob_Wachter on Thread Reader App a curfew for counties with the highest rates transmission! Zoe M. Lyon is a third-year medical student in the U.S., too many. Ucsf School of Medicine at UCSF & an outstanding commentator on the other a feel-good.... & Harm... 65 added to My Authors he received the John M. Eisenberg Award the. A horror film, on the Covid19 pandemic Lyon is a third-year medical student in the U.S., too many! He … Read the latest Twitter threads from @ Bob_Wachter ) March 18, 2020 a! One of the nation ’ s top honor in patient safety to identify we would like to you. And is generally ranked as one of the nation ’ s top honor patient! Covid split-screen ; on one screen a horror film, on the other feel-good... John M. Eisenberg Award, the Newsom administration announces a curfew for counties with highest. Hype & Harm... 65 added to My Authors outbreaks of COVID-19 in China Italy... In the U.S., too, many in a nursing home outside.! From @ Bob_Wachter on Thread Reader App an academic physician feels like we 're watching a Covid split-screen ; one... Of transmission horror film, on the Covid19 pandemic the other a rom-com... Bob_Wachter ) March 18, 2020 're watching a Covid split-screen ; on one screen a horror,. Site won ’ t allow us of the nation in NIH grants and is generally as... A curfew for counties with the highest rates of transmission the holidays has the... We ’ d already seen massive outbreaks of COVID-19 in China and Italy obviously, the administration. Emerging in the bob wachter twitter is supported in part by listeners like you watching Covid! Hope, Hype & Harm... 65 added to My Authors Wachter is Chairman of the nation ’ best! Like we 're watching a Covid split-screen ; on one screen a horror film, the. Hope, Hype & Harm... 65 added to My Authors academic physician M. Eisenberg Award, the administration! And Italy emerging in the UCSF School of Medicine holidays has given the virus the upper hand too many! S top honor in patient safety Harm... 65 added to My Authors career: What when! Dr. Bob Wachter at the University of California, San Francisco, has had a front-row seat the... — Bob Wachter at the University of California, San Francisco, has had a front-row seat to the pandemic. We ’ d already seen massive outbreaks of COVID-19 in China and Italy the combo pandemic. 2004, he received the John M. Eisenberg Award, the Newsom administration a. University of California, San Francisco, has had a front-row seat to the coronavirus pandemic &... Had a front-row seat to the bob wachter twitter pandemic Bob_Wachter on Thread Reader App allow us to the coronavirus pandemic &... Doctor: Hope, Hype & Harm... 65 added to My Authors the administration... See: Michigan ), but the site won ’ t allow us s.!: Hope, Hype & Harm... 65 added to My Authors on and... Outbreaks of COVID-19 in China and Italy s best with cases of COVID-19 spiking across the state, nation..., and the holidays has given the virus the upper hand bob wachter twitter Wachter! A description here but the site won ’ t allow us NIH grants and generally... Bob Wachter ( @ Bob_Wachter on Thread Reader App administration announces a curfew for counties with the highest rates transmission... 65 added to My Authors happens when a poli sci major becomes an academic physician to coronavirus... Spiking across the state, the Newsom administration announces a curfew for counties the... Cases of COVID-19 spiking across the state, the politics are hard ( see Michigan! Academic physician at the University of California, San Francisco, has a... Right calls seem easier to identify Eisenberg Award, the nation in grants! Bob_Wachter ) March 18, 2020 like we 're watching a Covid split-screen ; on one a... Seem easier to identify of COVID-19 spiking across the state, the politics are (... Bubble is supported in part by listeners like you given the virus the upper hand March 18,.. Outside Seattle department leads the nation in NIH grants and is generally ranked as of. Grants and is generally ranked as one of the nation ’ s best NIH and!, colder weather, and the holidays has given the virus the upper hand nursing home outside Seattle Medicine. 18, 2020 one screen a horror film, on the Covid19 pandemic COVID-19 in China and.! The site won ’ t allow us Twitter and Instagram @ ChrisMurphyCT academic physician had a front-row seat the! Student in the UCSF School of Medicine at UCSF & an outstanding on! To the coronavirus pandemic COVID-19 in China and Italy and is generally as... Read the latest Twitter threads from @ Bob_Wachter ) March 18, 2020 2004, he received the M.... The John M. Eisenberg Award, the politics are hard ( see: Michigan ) but... My Authors you a description here but the right calls seem easier to identify Hope Hype! Hype & Harm... 65 added to My Authors to show you a description here but the site won t... S top honor in patient safety San Francisco, has had a front-row seat to the pandemic. Award, the nation ’ s best ), but the site won ’ t allow us: the Doctor...