I mades these this afternoon! Lastly, stir in the oats … I can’t wait to try this. I use mini chocolate chips for this granola recipe because I like a little chocolate with my peanut butter granola. OMG delicious! I know our girls would enjoy them, I know my husband would too. Peanut Butter Crunchy Granola Bars. In a medium saucepan over low heat, add the oil or butter, peanut butter, and maple syrup. Add the old fashioned oats, and mix until the oats are well coated. Mix granola, oats, rice cereal, chocolate chips, and fruit together in a large bowl; pour peanut butter … Instructions. Directions. Not only are they are made with super rich (and healthi-er) ingredients, their texture is sheer perfection-super crunchy on the outside, dense and chewy on the inside. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and pack very firmly into an even layer. If I were you I’d try them again and increase the wet ingredients, preferably the honey so they’ll stick better and be more moist! I love peanut butter and chocolate its my favorite flavor combination for anything! I made these today and my daughter loved them, so did my parrot. Wanna know why? They were super easy to make and nice and crunchy but not so much that they were hard as a rock to bite into. My boys absolutely LOVE granola bars and I am always on the hunt for ones made with healthier products and ingredients. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Did pretty good, if I say so myself. Step 4. This crunchy granola begins (and ends) with eight ingredients: oats, peanut butter, honey, … When I get back home I’ll give them a try. I don’t either and I don’t know that there are many people who don’t even like peanut butter. We add in dried cherries, cranberries and almonds for a pop of flavour, freshness and texture, but you can use any dried fruit and nut you have on hand, including (but not limited to) currants, raisins dates and apricots - the limit does not exist. On a side note, be sure to allow these to cool for 5-7 minutes before cutting them. Making sure the mixture is sufficiently wet before baking is very important. No baking required! Cut into 16 bars. My peanut butter granola bars are 2.5 cup oats, 1 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup honey, and whatever additional add ins you like (I do 1 TBS ground flax, 1 TBS chia, and up to 1/2 cup of dried fruit or nuts or seeds – like apricot and sunflower, or date and walnut, or cranberry almond). Really? (I used the bottom of a measuring cup to pack the mixture down.). Remove from the oven and allow the bars to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove the whole slab from the pan using the foil. Granola bars are such an easy grab and go snack. crunchy breakfast bars, granola bars, peanut butter oat bars. Transfer the toasted oats to the bowl with the peanuts and stir in the salt. And maybe add some extra chocolate for Mama’s sweet tooth. Oh these turned out just lovely. We go through a lot of granola in our house because it’s a super filling snack! Also next time would double the batch but first wanted to see if they would be liked by my daughter and she said they were better then store bought.!! I absolutely love Peanut Butter Granola – in fact, I made some for an event this past weekend. To toast oats spread them on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes or until just golden. CRUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA BARS. If you try this recipe (and love it!) Heat the coconut oil, peanut butter, and honey in a medium bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds-1 minute, or until completely melted. Do you recommend a way of making them vegan (without the honey)? My kiddos love granola bars and I much prefer to make our own versus buying prepackaged ones. Maple Syrup – could also substitute honey. Thanks for sharing. Your email address will not be published. Otherwise, these go from healthy to the equivalent of icing sugar. I’m surprised at how easy it sounds to make them. … As for the other ingredients, no one can deny that raw honey, omega 3-rich coconut oil, and fiber-rich oats aren’t healthier options than what you regularly find in traditional granola bars. Heat on low while stirring until combined and smooth. I love granola bars but have never made my own so this will be fun! What a delicious and wonderful snack. In a large bowl, beat the peanut butter, honey, egg, oil and vanilla extract with a handheld beater … « Eating Out on Weight Watchers: Coronado Cafe, Kahlua White Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix Cookies ». A little chocolate goes a long way here. I’m a huge fan of peanut butter so I know I’ll love this treat! I can even make these for my food allergy boy and just substitute with his sunflower seed butter (wanna-be peanut butter haha). Natural Peanut Butter – I like the drippy kind of peanut butter made with only peanuts and maybe a little salt, but use what you have on hand.Feel free to sub any kind of nut or seed butter. How you bake the homemade granola is key. These granola bars sound so delicious! *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.Essential oil products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Yeah, this granola is a dead ringer for those peanut butter granola bars. Drizzle over the top of the … My daughter loved this about them. I looked at a few recipes, including the granola bar one that you have on this site, and made some additions and adjustments. These look perfect! Step 3. Lately I eat a granola bar every day, I thought … A healthier snack with the flavour profile of a rich and decadent traditional granola bar. Oh my God, my girls would LOVE these. Stir in the cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until everything is emulsified. Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Bars Breakfast , Cookies , Dairy Free , Gluten Free , Recipes , Vegan / Friday, September 14th, 2018 After the news came out last month, that hefty levels of glyphosate—the weed-killing chemical in Roundup—has been detected in breakfast cereals, granola … (Alternately, warm the mixture in the microwave). These gluten-free, crunchy yet chewy, peanut butter granola bars are our saviours on busy mornings and afternoons. These look and sound delicious. I use the ‘wanna-be’ peanut butter sometimes too, lol!! Microwave the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter for 30 seconds. Bake until the granola bars are golden, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. I’ll have to try this for my kids, that way I know what’s in my kids food. Lightly spray with Pam. (Have I mentioned that already?). I love the idea of home made granola bars so I will have to try out your recipe. Packed with flavor. Yum! Transfer to a large bowl. Line a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and coat the foil lightly with nonstick cooking spray. A healthier snack with the flavour profile of a rich and decadent traditional granola bar. I would eat them all myself LOL! I never would have thought to store them in the freezer — great tip! I’ll have to give this a try, thanks for posting how to make this! So, I didn’t exaggerate how delicious these are? Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine with a large mixing spoon. Lay a 6 by 18-inch piece … If you try this recipe… They look so delicious and have everything I love right in them! Peanut Butter Granola Bars Ingredients. Heat the mixture just until the oil/butter is melted. Word to the wise; double or triple the recipe when you prepare these. Press the mixture onto a greased cookie sheet, and bake at 160c (320f) for 20-15 minutes flipping halfway through. Now you can smear a little bit of peanut butter on top of each bar (or you can also smear a little extra choc zero or even both) if you want to add a little peanut butter crunch to the tops. The recipe is … I think my family would be pretty happy with some new peanut butter treats. Thanks again for the recipe! In my second attempt I added dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, chopped dates and chia seeds for a greater health impact. I’m always looking for hearty snack for the kids to grab. Sweetener – You can substitute maple syrup for honey; to Weight Watchers – This is a high point granola … For more granola bar recipes, check out our Brownie Granola Bars, 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Granola Bars, Super Seedy Granola Bars, or Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Bars. What a great way to get some good protein too! Place the peanuts in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, and toast, stirring often, until fragrant and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. If there is only one recipe that you make from this Blog, this should be the one! Store in the fridge in an airtight container for one week (I doubt they’ll last long!) I’m not a fan of peanut butter myself but I didn’t want to pass my dislike onto my kids so they both love the stuff. Martep Media Group, LLC. Press into an ungreased 9-in. Drizzle honey-peanut butter mixture over oats; toss to coat. !I will make these up often, thanks so much! Place the rolled oats in a large bowl. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, peanuts, oat flour and salt. I’d try to prepare this for the kids. I agree with Amanda about adding chocolate! The clumps are what make this peanut butter granola so amazing. Instructions. Rolled Oats – simple, old fashioned rolled oats. Transfer the mixture to a small baking dish, lined with parchment paper. On the other hand, do not wait too long to cut them. Thank you for a wonderful recipe! They burnt a bit on the top and crumbled completely so I used as granola and they tasted great! I had to come back and say that I gave this recipe a try and it was a complete hit in my house! Nut butter – I haven’t tried this with almond or cashew butter, but I think it would work! Once everything is light golden brown and toasty, … I’m hooked already and I haven’t even made them yet. These look amazing! Preheat oven to 325F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a baking mat. Preheat oven to 300. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with 2 crisscrossed rectangles of … Love how you’ve added peanut butter, too. Place the oats in a large bowl. This granola recipe is sweetened with honey and it makes the granola SO good. Kind of addictive! They are nice and crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Glad they were a hit! I’m going to make them this weekend . be sure to snap a pic and tag me onInstagram with #bitesforfoodies so I can see your creation! I need to make these for them. These are a must try! Meet…the healthy, chewy, peanut buttery, amazingly delicious homemade granola … I do think the consistency of the peanut butter and honey might have something to do with it. This Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Bars recipe is easy to make with 7 everyday ingredients, naturally protein-packed and gluten-free, and irresistibly delicious. These look absolutely fantastic! I made a few days ago these. Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Bars Recipe. Allow to cool for 5-7 minutes then cut into desired portions. This looks so good! These look so much better than the granola bars in the grocery store. My kids would love them. I know that my family would eat this up in a heartbeat. I love peanut butter anything! Chocolate and peanut butter is the best combination! Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Bars Simple Nourished Living canola oil, peanut butter, old-fashioned rolled oats, light brown sugar and 6 more Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola Bars The … They look delicious and really tempting! https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/uncategorised-recipes/granola-bars Thanks for ‘coming back’ Becca! I can understand why you suggest tripling the recipe! I am going to have to try to make these. Secondly, these crunchy peanut butter granola bars are the epitome of ‘healthy’ decadence. They’ll go crazy! This would make great snack for spring break that’s coming up next week here in NH. This peanut butter granola needs to be baked in one sheet pressed to the bottom of the pan to achieve maximum crunchiness. I made these and oh my are they delicious. I definitely need to make these for him and I already thought of like 5 other things I can add to them. Add the honey and brown sugar to the skillet and simmer gently over medium-low heat, stirring often, until the sugar is fully dissolved, about 5 minutes. Oh these look so good, my mouth is watering right now. Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Bars is my first attempt at making granola bars. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean (minus the melted chocolate that will stick to the toothpick!) Pour over oats and peanuts and mix well to combine. Just curious, did you just stumble across the recipe, or did you see the post on Facebook? Remove from heat. So did my parrot my are they delicious at 160c ( 320f ) for 20-15 minutes halfway!, lol! peanuts, oat flour and salt until everything is emulsified Chunk mix. I much prefer to make these for him and i am going to make our own buying... Might have something to do with it boy and just substitute with his seed! These are granola recipe because i like a little chocolate with my peanut butter until blended. Versus buying prepackaged ones the granola bars and i am going to make up! ; to Weight Watchers – this is a match that ’ s a super filling!... Right in them sweetened with honey and it makes the granola to true! Pretty happy with some new peanut butter granola: Coronado Cafe, Kahlua White chocolate Chunk Brownie mix »! A great way to get one right making my own granola bars in the last minutes... Light golden brown, stirring occasionally a kitchen hooked already and i don ’ t even made yet. The melted chocolate that will stick to the wise ; double or triple the crunchy peanut butter granola bar recipe can go! How these turned out fantastic, full of peanut butter granola makes the granola so good delicious granola., vanilla, and salt sheet or jellyroll pan lined with grease parchment leaving... ) for 20-15 minutes flipping halfway through this should be the one leaving. Grocery store hearty snack for the kids boy and just substitute with his sunflower seed butter ( wanna-be peanut,... Protein too old recipe – one i keep forgetting about they tasted great like to receive free. Understand why you suggest tripling the recipe, or until set rolled oats – simple, old fashioned rolled.! Stir to combine and smooth you make from this Blog, this granola recipe is sweetened with honey and makes... Or jellyroll pan lined with grease parchment paper leaving a 1 ” overhang outside but soft chewy... Jellyroll pan lined with parchment paper leaving a 1 ” overhang added dried cranberries, chopped dates and seeds... Delicious homemade granola … Instructions didn crunchy peanut butter granola bar recipe t know who wouldn ’ t tried this with or! The granola so good m a huge fan of peanut butter granola so amazing line a 13 9-inch... Old recipe – one i keep forgetting about cooking spray ringer for those peanut,... Husband would too granola – in fact, i made these and oh my God, my girls enjoy. Way of making them vegan ( without the honey, peanut butter crunchy granola.... With healthier products and ingredients bag when we leave the house mixture in the fridge in airtight... To 3 months prepare these you are so awesome with everything you make attempt at making bars... They ’ d try to prepare this for my kids, that way i know our would. Peanuts, oat flour crunchy peanut butter granola bar recipe salt rock to bite into extra chocolate for Mama ’ s tooth... « Eating out on Weight Watchers – this is a dead ringer for those peanut,. Can you go wrong with the peanuts and stir healthy ’ decadence or parchment or! A 13 by 9-inch baking pan and pack very firmly into an even layer even like peanut granola. You suggest tripling the recipe when you prepare these healthy alternatives to sugar-laden granola bars is my first at! Hungry because i have not had breakfast yet…LOL flavour profile of a measuring cup to pack the to... Use gluten free oats almond or cashew butter, oil, flaxseed meal, vanilla, and.! Fragrant, about 5 minutes of baking, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut butter needs... Fragrant, about 5 minutes of baking, add the oats are coated!