This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I haven’t experienced betrayal to the level you have, but I have definitely felt very hurt and discouraged at times with some of my closest relationships. God Will Provide As You Trust Him Through the Hard Times One truth we've seen proven over and over as we trust God through hard times: God is faithful. I certainly hope I am slowly but surely reflecting Him more and more to the world around me. I watched the sun dip lower and lower behind a silhouetted mountain crest and then—just like that!—it disappeared. Teach us to abide in Your presence. Ep 87: 5 Soul Care Gifts to Give Yourself This Year, Pt 4: Manage Negative Thoughts, Ep 86: 5 Soul Care Gifts to Give Yourself This Year, Pt 3: Practice Self-Compassion, Ep 85: 5 Soul Care Gifts to Give Yourself This Year, Pt 2: Choose Honest Reflection, Ep 84: 5 Soul Care Gifts to Give Yourself This Year, Pt 1: Cultivate Margin + Solitude, Ep 83: ADD: 3 Steps to Manage Your Emotions for More Calm + Better Decision Making. Thank-you Angie! God doesn't change when circumstances change. In this video episode Cami will share three keys she has learned to help us trust God in difficult times. | Powered by WordPress. What joy there is in that truth! I mean, it's understandable that we struggle with this! Trusting God through these uncharted waters takes faith and courage, but is worth every effort. Jesus Christ is our Shepherd. Listen, friend, I've walked these same difficult roads and I know how AWFUL it can be to deal with tragedy and heartbreak. Because God has been faithful in our past, we can trust Him with our future. What a beautiful post about trusting God during our difficult times. I have built up monuments of faith in my memory. The Lord directs the steps of the godly.He delights in every detail of their lives.Though they stumble, they will never fall,for the Lord holds them by the hand. Our family is enduring a huge trial right now and honestly, I have my list of these things in Evernote so that I can access them regularly from my phone and tablet. Pin one of these Images to Pinterest so you can find it any time you want! Copyright 2013-2020 Vibrant Christian Living. As anyone who has been through … We’re told to be still in the presence of the Lord and wait patiently for Him to act. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It is better to be godly and have littlethan to be evil and rich.For the strength of the wicked will be shattered, but the Lord takes care of the godly.Day by day the Lord takes care of the innocent, and they will receive an inheritance that lasts forever.They will not be disgraced in hard times;even in famine they will have more than enough…. You have to take action. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. Let’s look at this next section of Psalm 37 and then offer a prayer inspired by its words. But the only way to truly trust God is that you have to decide to trust God. I try to spend time just sitting in His presence and reaffirming my trust in Him! How did this passage encourage you? Some of my greatest moments of spiritual growth have come during my toughest trials! Thank you for opening your heart to share an honest and beautiful reflection on God’s word. Trusting God at all Times. Earlier I said that as we’re learning how to trust God in difficult times, Psalm 37 can offer a wonderful template to help us craft some prayers for an anxious heart. Lamentations 3:21-23 says, “But this I call to mind, and therefore I … ** Pictures and images designed using resources from Pixabay.com and Freepik.com. David knew that it is hard to avoid fretting. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Show us how to be still before You and wait patiently for You to act. This one is especially encouraging. He is the same great God in the valleys of life that He was on the mountaintops. Trusting God in difficult times forces us to seek His guidance, and to trust in Him. -  Designed by Thrive Themes But that growth only came because I chose to spend time studying the Bible each day, trusting that God would give me the insight I needed. Alicia is also the creator of the Spiritual Growth Rhythm,™ a simple way for anyone to apply biblical truth and connect with God in less than 10 minutes a day. Prayers for you and your family! Let us know in the comments below! We’re counting on You to keep us safe. He can break through every obstacle. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. As He stood before His accusers, what did He do? We’re tempted to believe that when life is hard it’s somehow an indication that God has abandoned us, or that He is untrustworthy. We see them when we slow down enough to notice their presence. These are priceless gifts from God—rich and decadent treasures that are not meant to be gobbled up but to be remembered over and over. Thankfully, God doesn’t change when our circumstances change. It gets my mind off my problems and puts my focus on God. (I'm guessing that you could use a hefty dose of God's love right now?) He will take care of the wicked. Our role in all of this is to find a way to delight in the Lord, but obviously, when the world is crumbling around us that isn’t always easy. • Fasting – Focus All your Attention on God Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. What good things can you savor instead of the bad? He has provided and will continue to provide for us (and for you as you trust God in your difficult time). But you need to trust God for what is unreasonable. RSS this blog Archives Contributors. Alicia is a wife to her best friend and husband of 19 years, and a mom of four very vibrant children (ages 17 to 8). Allow us to see the wicked destroyed – to see their power and influence in our lives absolutely demolished! Turn from evil and do good,and you will live in the land forever.For the Lord loves justice,and he will never abandon the godly. “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. My weary soul takes such great comfort in knowing there is someone out there who DELIGHTS in me. But you have to do your part. Trusting God in difficult times can difficult more often than not. I write them down (usually in a pretty journal like this one) and savor the lovely little treasures of goodness that are present: I choose to savor these moments, like I’d savor a fine piece of cheese or an exquisitely-flavored chocolate truffle. I always love your posts. Not only that, but these verses are a precursor to trusting God at all times. A Prayer for Trusting God in Hard Times. So when he pressures of seminary come, worship more. He has promised never to leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). I was chasing my tail and going in pointless circles. Good! The path of His choosing is the only one that leads to true happiness, When I discovered my love’s betrayals I went through a time when I felt as if I had to figure out if he was wicked, as this passage describes, or if he was simply tormented by the wicked (as in the evil forces of darkness). How about you? But I am glad that you know a God who can manage it all! When we come to make the Word of God the basis and foundation for our lives, our everyday go-to for direction and comfort, then we sustain the strength to trust God in our difficult times. Let me tell you–if we allow our thoughts to habitually linger on the “what ifs,” we will cripple our ability to trust God during hard times. You're good. His innocence does indeed radiate like the dawn and, as promised, the wicked will be destroyed because of His obedience. To see difficulty the way God does, we need Bible verses for hard times we can hold on to. Over and over again we learn how to trust God through difficult times. She also shares how God is our friend and does not want us to fear in the midst of trouble! Rescue us Lord! Are you looking for a community of like-minded women also recovering from betrayal trauma? Trusting God When Times are Hard Recently, I was reading the story of King Hezekiah and was captivated by his trust of God. Solomon says: “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.” (Proverbs 3:5). We don’t have to argue our case. Whenever I'm tempted to let my thoughts wander into the dark places, I confess my fears again to God and meditate on these truths: What can you choose to “fix your thoughts” on during a trial so that you can maintain a spirit of joy? Isn’t that the truth! Required fields are marked *. Make it as precious to us as the air we breathe. It’s so hard when we face trials in our life, but thankfully, our Father is always there. Listen, knowing that you are loved changes everything when we're walking through a trial. How Do You Praise God In Difficult Times? I am sorry that you are going through such a trying time. Surrender it to God. There is nothing I want more than to represent Him well in this dark world, but it’s an impossible task without His Spirit leading me in it! Entering God’s Rest. The freedom of his nation was at stake and he trusted God with it completely. Not because they are good, but, honestly, because sometimes it feels good to feel sorry for ourselves. 4 Practical Steps to Trust God Completely 1. One truth we've seen proven over and over as we trust God through hard times: God is faithful. I have a hard time trying to reconcile a good and loving God with the hurt and dysfunction we encounter day in and day out. As host of the Vibrant Christian Living Podcast, she inspires thousands of women each week with practical tips and powerful inspiration on how they can create the life of their dreams and live out God’s best plan for their lives. Surrender it to God.. We wander in the future without God (a place we were never intended to go) because it's really difficult to trust God through a trial! He will keep them safe forever,but the children of the wicked will die.The godly will possess the landand will live there forever. Thankfully, God doesn’t change when our circumstances change. Check out the admonition in the subsequent verses (Philippians 4:8-9): “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Teach us how to trust God in difficult times. * This site uses cookies, affiliate links, and ads by Google. This was a beautifully encouraging post. Trusting can be hard at the best of times, but trusting God in difficult times is considerably harder. Make A Choice. There is so much chaos in the world. Make a list of the things you appreciate about your life--even if it is as basic as a roof … 100 percent. Help us. As a result of His willingness to commit everything He did to the Lord, sin and death hold no power! This storm will not last forever dear girl. First, we must acknowledge and release our fears. How to Trust God During Difficult Times. How could I know for sure? Recently, my family was struggling financially since my husband lost his job. It’s an important aspect of learning how to trust God in difficult times. Suddenly God's peace feels far away because they've forgotten to habitually replenish ourselves with God's promises. The Second Coming of Jesus Christ – Find the Shepherd. That ability to thrive (and not just survive) a trial is founded on three principles that we've discovered as we've learned about trusting God through difficult times. Thank-you!! You'll also learn the difference between God’s love and the world’s love (and how it’s so easy for us to get that confused in our thoughts). You may believe on a surface level that you are loved by God, but let me tell you, going through a hard time is usually the time when we begin to question God's love. 3 Secrets to Trusting God During Difficult Times. All of these Bible verses are great to have marked off in your Bible. While we will be quoting a lot of it as we proceed, some parts will be cut out in order to keep this simple. Sharing today. Give us the victory Lord because of Your great name! Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. I am a wife, mother, and passionate follower of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. That's why I want to give you a SIMPLE, EASY way to grow closer to God through daily Bible study. Not just someone, the God of the universe delights in the details of my life! You can't just read the words in this post and click away and hope things change. You are our delight and our salvation. … @craiggroeschel . It's true that God is working out all these difficulties into a beautiful future for me. God has worked many miracles in our life and marriage since then, and grown a ministry committed to helping others find the healing in Christ that changed our story forever! Help us to seek You through Your Word. But over time, I have learned that there is no point in worrying when God always shows up. Really REALLY good!!! Thanks Heather! How could we not feel as if we’re under attack? I know because my husband and I have had to trust God through hard times on several occasions: And today, I want to teach you the practical insights I've learned so that you can stay strong during this trial and trust God despite the difficulties! Bottom line, it doesn’t matter if we are going through hard times or easy times, God wants us to trust Him no matter what. God’s purpose for allowing pain is to achieve something good. When your work-load is overwhelming, worship more to proclaim that God is strong and loving enough to sustain you. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego show us this lesson because they were willing to worship God even if He did not deliver in the physical. Tonight I watched the sunset. Stop being angry!Turn from your rage!Do not lose your temper—it only leads to harm.For the wicked will be destroyed,but those who trust in the Lord will possess the land.. Betrayal has a way of making us feel like we need to defend ourselves, doesn’t it? It is remarkable how resilient God made us. His prayer said it all. He's given me an honorable husband who cherishes me and longs to provide for our family. It hasn't been easy (and what we learned a long time ago when we paid off 100K in debt is really coming in handy). It’s hard to understand this twisted, fallen, broken world and the people that make it that way. Repeatedly He guides us, teaches us, and purifies us until one day we are a reflection of Him. After the realities of my husband's sexual addiction and infidelities finally came to a head, I began blogging about our journey to healing. And even as you ride out the winds and waves, remember he still speaks PEACE. I praise God for His unchanging Word, which makes order in my chaos every single time! Think of Jesus after He was betrayed by Judas. Like the utter agony of being broken–again and again–by this trial. on those things that are true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and worthy of praise. Then the God of peace will be with you.”. We can simply trust in the Lord and focus on living in obedience to Him. Hannah complained loudly about her childlessness. These tiny treasures aren’t loud and obnoxious, and maybe that’s why we so easily miss them. It’s easy to feel like God’s got you when you’re on your knees in your quiet place. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” (. This is so much easier said than done. Thanks Kate! **How about you? In case you think it's easy for me to share about this topic because our family is no longer walking through those trials, I want you to know that we're currently battling unemployment. All rights reserved. We can use the words of this amazing Psalm to guide us as we seek to delight ourselves in the Lord. I know you didn't just come here for a list of feel-good phrases and a few Bible verses, right? I am a wife, mother, and passionate follower of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We wonder, “How in the world can He love me and let this happen to me?”. Discovering Jehovah Rapha – The God Who Heals, Affair Recovery for the Betrayed and the Betrayer. Like the fears of the future. Connect with Cherith on Facebook, and send me a  private message to request to be added.Or, contact me via email if you just need someone to talk to who understands and is committed to gently pointing you toward Jesus.