Applied Online. Interview Questions for Personal Banker Jobs. The process took 3 weeks. please. Accessing and updating account details on a computer 4. To help save time and ensure accuracy, Santander Bank has invested in cash counting technology to help automate cash counting processes within its branches. Top Interview Questions. Selling financial services 2. 16 % Negative . Looking back on the situation, I really learned a lot about myself and who I was as a worker to not put myself in a situation like that again. July 25, 2018, 4:54pm #5. Telephone 0800 389 7000. You’ll be there to help our customers, delivering an experience that’s secon If you apply for this position at one of the big banking institutions (think Wells Fargo, CitiBank, Bank of America and similar), you will always face a competition of many job seekers in your interview (sometimes more than twenty people).. In September 2018, Santander, one of Europe's biggest banks, tweeted a video of its incoming new chief executive, an Italian investment banker named Andrea Orcel. If he feels you're capable. How Are Businesses Really Treating Employees During COVID-19? Are you sure you want to replace it? Hyatt Hotels Corporation. ", "Life as a successful Loan Officer is about being knowledgeable and professional and I pride myself on my ability to project both of those things. As an experienced loan or finance professional, your interviewer is likely very confident in the skills that you would bring to the team. Explore expert tips and resources to be more confident in your next interview. Average Santander Personal Banker yearly pay in the United Kingdom is approximately £18,744, which is 12% above the national average. Other. Tell me about a difficult time that you had with a customer and how you dealt with it? Experience 1 Rating. Personal Banker at Santander Belfast, United Kingdom 186 connections. I did accept the offer to become the supervisor and after just three months, I fully realized that the position wasn't for me. Santander Personal Banker Interview Questions. "In my current position, I handle a majority of the incoming calls to our company. I applied online. In my five years of sales, I worked my up from Associate Sales to a Sales Team Lead at my dealership. I applied online. Difficulty. Other. Santander has pledged £1million to support small and medium businesses (SMEs) in the Leeds City Region with new apprenticeship programmes over the next two years. Find out more at Santander.co.uk Getting an Interview. 0 % Neutral. "I take pride in any work with my name attached to it and therefore, always review my work before I submit it. You will be asked to meet with the branch manager. Allowing you to craft perfect responses for your next job interview. On call throughout the day, you will be doing a number of tasks that include: 1. The banking industry allows me to tap into both areas and have a lot of fun making positive customer experiences along the way. The process took 2+ months. I also utilize my Outlook calendar to set deadline reminders to stay on track of closing deadlines and paperwork requirements and the tasks function within the program helps me stay right on track with all of my clients I am working with at a given time. Getting an Interview. It's in my blood!". Access your account information online with internet banking from Santander; manage your money, cards and view other services. personal banker interview questions shared by candidates. Having not had experience supervising individuals up to that point in my career, I was very hesitant at first. Talk in detail about what roles you are comfortable in assuming in a team atmosphere and then discuss your own personality traits that make you a great team player. If you were on the job here at Santander Bank and a customer came to you with a very odd request that you did not know the answer to or how to solve, how would you handle that situation? All interview questions are created by MockQuestions.com and are not official interview questions for any organization listed on MockQuestions.com. The interview went great in my opinion and I… Liked by Kirsty Dynes. Banker: Years active: 1997–Present: Employer: Banco Santander: Title: Regional Head of Europe: António Pedro dos Santos Simões (born 12 March 1975) is a global banking executive. Location: North West. Experience. Report this job; Why apply for this role? I will achieve this through continued education and leadership training while also proving my value to you through my everyday work ethic.". 8 % Employee Referral. Taking the time to explain the regulations for the loan in layman's terms often helps customers understand things better as well.". For this question, they'll be looking to hear that you you can do this effectively by knowing the strengths and weaknesses of your team members and also that you know the responsibilities of each role that you'll be managing. As well, talk about the communication and organizational skills you have to ensure that you can help customers in any way possible over the phone. Applied Online. Experience 25 Ratings. They contacted me because of my background in sales at Comet. My roles consist of opening … They held a big interview process for hundreds of people in a hotel. At that job, I used and worked on the Avaya cloud based phone system and was able to learn and use all functions of that system.". Experience. Personal Banker (Former Employee) - London - 20 November 2020 I enjoyed working with colleagues and made some life long connections. Bank Teller Interview Questions and Answers. Registered in England and Wales. We do not claim our questions will be asked in any interview you may have. You may experience a variety of issues related to customers or technical issues while working in the banking industry. AnisaFudge. It's free! In line with the new FCA complaints data reporting requirements, figures published today by Santander UK reveal 153,794 reportable complaints received by the bank during the second half of the year. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2015. Positive. 8 % Employee Referral. ", "The skills that I would bring to the team here at Santander Bank in this role would be clear and concise verbal communication skills, my ability to read the tone of voice of others and strong organizational skills to handle multiple duties at one time. Don't hesitate to talk about the software programs that you use and any other tactics that you use to ensure that all deadlines are met and no issues occur with clients because of too large of a workload. Getting an Interview. I applied online. The interview lasted long because we were both enthust of what we had to offer to each other. by eFinancialCareers 12 January 2013 Question: Tell me about a time when you worked in a successful team. 2.7. I applied online. Very simple questions and was offered job right there. The job cuts were split roughly evenly between consumer-banking and business-banking personnel, Pierre Habis, Santander’s head of consumer and business banking, … 26 Interview Reviews. Positive. This will replace the current featured interview for this targeted profile. I had become very close friends with a lot of the people I was now supervising and that made the real difficult for me. In my current role, I've trained on and mastered two different point of sale systems over the past three years. Having passed the initial selection process, your application will then be submitted for review for short-listing. We can ask them over the phone, in a group interview, online, or in a typical one on one setting. hi, got a telephone interview with Santander (Customer Service Advisor) can someone give me examples on the competency based questions !! At the heart of this question, your interviewer is looking to find out how you manage a busy workload by having you talk about your organization skills on the job. Average. "If hired for this role, I understand that I'd be working among a great team of Tellers, Loan Officers, Analysts and Advisers and I really love this aspect of the role here at Santander Bank. I interviewed at Santander. I would look forward to working closely with and learning from the boots on the ground sales staff as that would give me great insight into the customers that I would be working with. As well, don't hesitate to talk about your ability to train others when needed to ensure that the necessary work gets completed. I have spent two weeks before training in a branch to Shadow another banker in order to better understand the needs. This will be a typical behavioural interview validating your skills and detecting strengths necessary for the job in the particular banking sector. If you could take a tour of my office, you'd see that I maintain a neat and clean desk with a very organized file cabinet of my current workload. ", "As you can see from my experience, I have extensive leadership experience in leading teams of up to 12 employees and I also have remote working experience. Share your career plans. Sign up to access our library of 50,000+ Answers. They have been able to make fast decision. ", "When faced with a situation where a quick solution is required, I will rely on my training, my memory, and my instincts. He joined Santander in 2014 as director of strategic planning and prior to that worked as an investment banker covering financial institutions for Guggenheim Securities, Deutsche Bank and Merrill Lynch. Positive. Win your next job by practicing from our question bank. Average Santander Personal Banker yearly pay in the United Kingdom is approximately £18,744, which is 12% above the national average. Making the correct referrals to partners through mortgages and protection, and transacting on customers account for example transfers. Santander use numerical reasoning tests as part of their recruitment process to help them select the best candidates for a particular role. 1 Interview Review. Salary information comes from 22 data points collected directly from employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months. If you are a recent college graduate or starting a new career, you may or may not know where you'd like to be in five years. Santander offers a wide range of career opportunities across its distinct graduate development Programs in Finance, Risk, Compliance, HR, Retail Banking, Technology and Operations, Corporate and Commercial Banking, Marketing, SGBM. If hired for this role, I will take the time over the first weeks on the job to fully understand your product line, costs and typical financing procedures so I can hit the ground running in no time. ", "Other than cashing in change in my own bank's lobby, I don't have direct experience. 15 % Negative. 4 % Difficulty 26 Ratings. Santander Bank is looking for motivated individuals who want to grow within the company. Phone interview followed up by an interview with the HR rep. Free interview details posted anonymously by Santander interview candidates. Then saw the manager for a follow up. Share how this job will help you get one step closer to achieving your goals. Interview process didnt tske longFirst interview was through phone. In your answer, talk about your ability to partner with sales staff by using your strong people skills. ", "In my current role, I was the person who was informed that we were losing one of our biggest clients to a local competitor. He was most recently the executive director of financial planning and analysis for Santander Bank and Santander US. Santander is committed to supporting diversity and to creating an inclusive culture for our own employees – but we don’t stop there. Santander UK is a large retail and commercial bank based in the UK and a... – More. While I always try to be a subject matter expert on any job that I do, working with external customers can always bring new things. From there, my organizational skills within the loan process software I have experience with kick in to help me keep each client on track with their loan process.". 4 % Difficulty 25 Ratings. With your interviewer looking to hear your thoughts on what type of leader you will be, make sure not to use generic labels of different leadership styles. Then, I would work diligently to find an answer and make sure the customer was handled in a respectful and efficient manner.". Interviews at Santander. 1 Santander Licensed Personal Banker interview questions and 1 interview reviews. Good training. 8 % Employee Referral. "I am passionate about the field of finance and accounting, mixed with an unwavering passion for quality customer service. Tell me about the products Santander offers. I can’t really remember much else If you prepare for a wide range of competencies you should be okay- e.g. Can you pls tell me how it went regarding the questions and role play scenario, if any? António will join Santander on 1 September 2020 as Regional Head of Europe. Personal banker belongs to popular customer service jobs. Now, your interviewer is giving you the opportunity to set yourself apart from your competition with this question. If I need to shift gears and move on to work with another client, I can easily access information on the fly and keep moving. Email or phone. I just had my telephone interview and are going through to the assessment centre, it was mainly questions like: Why Santander, why the PBA, when have you served a customer with excellence, describe a time you worked in a team, describe a challenge you have been through, how you have helped a customer, what are your goals, why hire you. AnisaFudge . ", "My first step in a decision making process to delegate work is to evaluate the task at hand for consideration. I have to triage calls based on customer needs and utilize the system to transfer calls, place customers on hold or push through to another person's voicemail. Throughout your application process and candidate vetting process, you were brought into interview because your interview was confident that you had the basic skills and knowledge required to handle this job. Our goal is to create interview questions and answers that will best prepare you for your interview, and that means we do not want you to memorize our answers. As you prepare for this type of question, try to think of a unique skill that you have that can prove to be a big asset if Santander Bank offers you the job. "In my current role, I'm able to handle a very large workload with my ability to stay organized on the job. 84 % Recruiter. Many congratulations to Santander’s Susan Allen who has been awarded British LGBT Awards Corporate Ally Award for her commitment to advocating on behalf of our LGBT+ customers and colleagues. 8 % Recruiter. Experience 26 Ratings. As the potential next Branch Manager at this branch of Santander Bank, your interviewer wants to hear that you have the innate ability to delegate responsibilities among the team that you'll be managing. Would you like us to review something? You simply have to think about what the interviewer is really trying to learn, and then shape an informative answer. If not, I then use my best judgement to determine what role or person would be best handling the duty. Sign in to save Personal Banker at Santander UK. Start Date: 2016 . I interviewed at Santander. personal banker - speaking to customers about their personal needs for banking, whether this be, current accounts, credit cards, loans or insurances. Difficulty. The information provided is from their perspective. The interview process was very pleasant by one of the best District Managers that I have met. Experience. To role play a banker-client conversation sell. How do you see yourself in 5 years from now? Speaking with customers 3. If hired for this position, I would be able to hit the ground running on day one and be trusted with critical decisions where you might not have that ability with other candidates that don't have leadership experience.". This… Liked by Kirsty Dynes. "As a manager, I have a really great history in delegating the right work to the right people in the right amount. Give an example that demonstrates your confidence and your strength as a decision maker and a problem-solver. In this role, you will be expected to bring solid skills in handling the technical side of the phone system and great communication skills to handle customers when not face to face. The commitment through the government backed Apprenticeship Levy scheme ensures that unspent levy goes towards supporting businesses to fund their own apprenticeship programmes where they may not have previously been able to benefit from the apprenticeship levy. She asked me some questions about prior experience, and then arranged an face to face interview the next Wednesday with the hiring manager for the region. I have a communication style that is very confident, friendly and professional no matter who I work with. These skills really helped me thrive in my last role where I was handling customers online, over the phone and in-person in our branch office. Some key things that have helped me master this part of my current job are my willingness and ability to learn my company inside and out and my clear and concise communications with customers that call. When a client is denied financing, I am very up front and honest with them in my approach. Pretend I was a customer and I came in for a checking account, what would you do? Password Show. Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it. Getting to know and master the sales side of the business has really helped me on the finance side with overall knowledge of the business and developing the skills needed to upsell customers on their loans. Role play is a typical “finale” of a personal banker interview. As well, I can also take directions from others on my team when needed. 16 % Negative. www.santander.co.uk. hi, got a telephone interview with Santander (Customer Service Advisor) can someone give me examples on the competency based questions !! I rely on my ability be upfront in speaking with everyone that I work with, no matter what role they play with the organization. You will also be asked why you want to be a bank teller and about your previous experiences with customer service, cash handling, and bank products. 29 Santander Personal Banker interview questions and 26 interview reviews. The process took 2+ months. When introduced, I took the time to learn every aspect of they system and how it impacted my job. Interviews at Santander. You might have to try and sell a product. View Angel Montijo’s full profile. 8 % More. Your interviewer will likely be able to simply answer this question themselves by simply looking at your resume. 16 % Getting an Interview 26 Interview Reviews. The interview went great in my opinion and I… Liked by Kirsty Dynes. A Madrid court declined to hear a case brought by Andrea Orcel, who ran UBS' investment bank until 2018, according to a report on Tuesday by Spanish news agency «EFE» (in Spanish). A majority of the questions you will be asked at your bank teller interview will be relevant to being a bank teller. Making the correct referrals to partners through mortgages and protection, and transacting on customers account for example transfers. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis: 10 /10. This is the employer's chance to tell you why you should work for them. You’ll be at the heart of the action – acting as the friendly face of Santander. If hired for this role, my immediate goal upon starting would be to get to know my team very well. Which was to set up an interview in person.Then had to come in person for interview lasted for 15 mins. On Friday HR called me and offered me a position. Come and visit our stand to find out about our current vacancies and a career at Santander. Explain the steps you take to eliminate minor mistakes and ensure your customer transactions and paperwork are accurate. 100 % Getting an Interview 1 Interview Review. I applied online. "If I were faced with any question that I didn't know the answer to on the job, I would confidently explain to the customer that I would need to bring in another teammate to help solve the issue and would do so quickly. 68 % Neutral. Our goal is to become one of the best banks in the world to work for. Applied Online. Laura Alix Right away, our Sales Manager contacted the client to ask a lot of questions on why they were no longer utilizing our services. ", "I consider my management style to be a very adaptive one and I say adaptable in that I am able to cater my approach to each unique team member and each unique situation. In the times I need to personally decline a potential customer, I am firm and fair with them. Rather, try and remain focused on your ability to build and maintain an effective team based atmosphere as the success of any branch at Santander Bank will rely on the Branch Manager's ability to do so. There's never been a better time to work at Santander. In the case of an urgent matter, I trust my instincts and can quickly evaluate situations to recognize the next steps and act accordingly. Read our Terms of Use for more information >. Copyright © 2008–2021, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. How many years of experience do you have in sales. Specific responsibilities vary from one bank to the next, but a personal banker is usually responsible for providing financial advice and services to help clients meet their banking needs. Your interview fully understands that you are a human that makes mistakes and as long as you take a lesson moving forward, you will be in great standing with them. From there, talk about your specific skills and abilities that will really be able to foster that team atmosphere to promote branch growth and employee satisfaction moving into the future. What to Avoid. In my last role, I had to do just this with the phone and computer systems that were specific to my role and I did this with ease.". I interviewed at Santander. António was at HSBC for 13 years where he … Positive. Join to Connect Santander UK. Any time that I delegate work, it is important that I put the work in the hands of the right person and I do this by knowing the colleagues that I manager very well. Review of Personal Banker at Santander. 16 % Negative. ", "First, I would make sure that I fully understood the situation by asking more questions of the customer and would do so in a very polite and professional manner. I have found that customers that are denied financing really take well to my approach and I have had many customers come back after doing the personal work needed to improve and succeed in their application process. I received a call from HR on a Friday. Hi. I have taken the lead on many project teams during my career and love the responsibility of taking charge on these teams. As you talk about your ability to delegate, make sure to talk about the importance of delegating for both your own efficiency in your work and in the work of your team. I applied through a recruiter. Hard. I would have one-on-one conversations with everyone during my first week and would take the time to read prior performance evaluations. Highlight was a book that the District manager suggested. Being detail oriented and thorough are two of my greatest skill sets. Has anyone attended the second round of the interview for Personal Banker, Santander? Though the paper work and remaining process went quite slowly, Helping our customers at the moments that matter most. Grow with a company that puts customers first. Profile Reviews (212) Case Studies (1) Review Score. 100 % Difficulty 1 Rating. Santander Application Process. If I would be consulting any documentation or other resources, I would do the same with the customer to not have a holdup in the lobby. Santander Personal Banker Interview Questions. The process took a week. Whether you're new to the field or have experience as a banker, expect personal banker interview questions to focus on the essential skills and responsibilities of this key financial position. Please describe the problem with this {0} and we will look into it. Interviews at Santander. I interviewed at Santander (Lawrence, NJ (US)) in August 2016. role playing for the most part, want to see how thorough your skills are pertaining to profiling a customer, ask about certain products . "I take a very well rounded approach with my team that is both personable and professional and I've honed this approach through my time and experience as a senior leader. I applied through an employee referral. There were two interview sessions in the same day. 68 % Neutral. When you join us as a Personal Banker, you'll be joining a company that's focused on making things simple, personal and fair for both our customers, and our colleagues. 1. In a recent interview with American Banker, Wennes said that among other things, Santander will launch an unsecured personal loan and emphasize its global ties in ramping up commercial lending. If hired for this role, I would be very thorough in my orientation process to learn all of the potential situations I would face with customers here at Santander Bank over the phone. 16 % Getting an Interview 26 Interview Reviews. The hiring manager was nice it was hard to tell how he felt in the beginning but then the interview came relaxed and we both were laughing due to our conversation. When were you able to resolve a problem within work. 30 Santander Personal Banker interview questions and 27 interview reviews. If hired for this role with Santander Bank, my efficiency would be very high because of my experience with the entire mortgage loan closing process and my ability to handle certain challenges quickly with that experience. If you pass the first two stages of this process and get invited for a telephone interview with Santander you will be asked to complete a competency based telephone interview and the telephone interview will take approx. I was delighted to see my customer - Rodgers Community Care advertised on our digital screen in the branch as part of Santander’s Marketplace. To seal the deal for this question, talk about your ability to educate the client to better the chances that they will come back to Santander Bank for business in the future. Preparing for bank teller interview questions and answers isn't the easiest thing, but it can be done. The process took 3 days. Careers at Santander. In partnership with Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (the LEP), Santander will transfer part of its Apprenticeship Levy Fund to local SMEs to fund the recruitment and training of apprentices predominantly in the care sector, as well as to support businesses looking to build digital skill sets within their companies. Calls may be recorded or monitored. 0 % Negative. Question #1.3 : Why do you want to join Banking Sector? 70 % Neutral. I applied through other source. Immediately got second interview with the District Executive. In most cases, your task will be to offer (sell) them something (a credit card, a notepad on the table, a loan, anything). 4 % More. Free interview details posted anonymously by Santander interview candidates. Whether a customer is looking to transfer money to another country or some other odd request, your interview is hoping to learn that you are able to think on your feet and not get flustered in any situation you may face on the job. I was called the very next day for an offer. To ensure that the customer knows a plan moving forward, I would then explain my next course of action. These results are from an independent survey carried out between July 2019 and June 2020 by Ipsos MORI as part of a regulatory requirement, and we have published this information at the request of the providers and the Competition and Markets Authority so you can compare the quality of service from personal current account providers. Your c In the article below, we will provide you with a step-by-step overview of the best tips for successfully passing the Santander candidate assessment process during recruitment: job application, online aptitude tests, assessment centre, interviews. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2015. Average. 4 % More. In speaking with the client, they were very unhappy about our customer service and overall pricing. please. I applied online. 57 reviews from Santander employees about working as a Personal Banker at Santander. If I could use any resources like a company intranet page or other documentation to help solve the issue myself, I wouldn't hesitate to do that either. These questions and answers do not represent any organization, school, or company on our site. Unless you manage to demonstrate excellent communication and sales skills, and a decent … Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank. 53 reviews from Santander employees about working as a Personal Banker at Santander. Join to Connect Santander UK. Practice makes perfect in this type of situation. Registered Number 2294747. Santander UK plc. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2015. They contacted me because of my background in sales at Comet. Interviewer will play a client of a bank, and you will play a banker. As the most detailed recruitment process for applicants is the Santander graduate scheme, this page will concentrate on this. My mother was a banker and my father, a financial advisor when I was growing up. As you can see from my resume, my career out of college started in auto sales. Ryan has over 10 years of experience interviewing. Personal accounts. They will also ask you why you did all these … Your job in answering this question will be to prove that you can cope with failure in a productive way that leads to making the situation right and learning lessons for the future. Always trying to meet your targets With experience, you could begin to speciali… After I have a comfortable handle on my team, my next goal would be to divide up work in the best way possible that gets people working to their strengths.