Thanks so much for reading. Wash and clean Fish tail,then fry with little oil, half-ripen papaya, peanut, sweet dates, slices of ginger and salt. Go on get cooking! This commodity originally appeared on VICE US. Mix 1 tbsp cornflour and 1 tbsp rice flour. Say My Kitchen: XO Sliced Fish Soup with Rice Noodle (XO鱼片米 … Or to be used as topping for rice, noodle soup, etc. {Make ready 1 pound of mixed seafood, shrimp, squid, mussels, and octopus. Rinse trout and pat dry with paper towel. It’s way better than takeout, with its delicious and fragrant appeal. Look out for sustainable fish when shopping. Drain and set aside. Read about our approach to external linking. Thank you for reading. Fry garlic and ginger with sesame oil in a wok, until garlic turns slightly brown. Tips. Keep stirring and simmering for 10 minutes. They’re fine and they look wonderful. XO sauce is made from dried shrimp & scallops, salty Jinhua ham, shallots, garlic, chili, and oil. … If you are a seafood and fish lover this easy and delicious fish soup recipe is for you. 2. Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. The seafood should make its own liquids. Deep fry the garoupa slices until crispy and golden brown. Fry ginger and fish until 50% cooked. 5. XO Sauce is an iconic condiment hailing from Hong Kong, made from dried seafood (namely, dried shrimp and scallops, AKA Good thinking! Hi Maggie! A staple in Hong Kong and the southern mainland regions like. Steps to make Seafood soup with XO sauce: Heat up the butter and add the seafood except octopus and bonito flakes. Get Fish Soup Recipe from Food Network. Transfer to clean, sterile containers, and let cool on the counters before refrigerating. Fish maw soup with seafood seafood in birdnesi. In a large Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the fish sauce, sugar, salt, and rest of the coconut milk, and mix well. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, seafood soup with xo sauce. Sprinkle with red chili. I also splash in a drop of hot pepper sauce in each bowl. Pour in water and bring to boil. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Pan-fry fish in 2 Tbsp. It is commonly used in southern Chinese regions such as Guangdong. I love these XO noodles with shrimp, as this recipe indicates. Add in vege and cook for 30 seconds. for that unique fragrance. Add the fish sauce and dried chili flakes, stirring to combine. Use up bits of white fish combined with prawns, mussels, clams for a gorgeous bowlful. You can adjust the amount of oyster sauce and XO sauce. XO sauce is a very interesting creation, considering China's culinary history goes back thousands of years. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Tinned angle accept gotten a awakening as the absolute gift from anyone who spent their summer vacation bistro boquerones in Barcelona or had a acquaintance who went to Portugal (because of advance they did). If not add a half a cup of water.. Cut your octopus up. You can have seafood soup with xo sauce using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. XO sauce is a condiment that was created at one of Hong Kong's high-end dining establishments in the early 1980s. This recipe of the fish soup is simply awesome. Fish soup is much easier and quicker than it appears. After, add 1.5 tablespoons of salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar, mix well and simmering for another 5-10 minutes. chinese seafood – deep fried sand goby fish with xo sauce in. I hope you enjoy!. You can have トントキ / Pork Loin […], Low Carb Soy Flour Bread in a Bread Machine. There are choices of Sliced Fish Bee Hoon, Sliced Fish Soup, Fish Porridge, Seafood Soup and Special Tom Yum Soup, all priced inexpensively at $4.50 per bowl. Our soup base is made from ikan bilis base and we finish it off with a good splash of evaporated milk for those who love your soup creamy! I’m sure you can make this at home. This is gonna smell and look delicious. Remove the mouth/beak, if its there. -In small fish,add salt and turmeric powder,mix well and set aside for 30 minutes then wash with tap water. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. Barbecue sauce beef strip peking duck. Add to … Grilled Bruschetta Chicken is a […], Mushroom carbonara. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. 4 thoughts on “ Homemade XO Sauce (XO酱) ” Kevin M September 30, 2020 at 6:51 pm. Seafood soup with XO sauce is something that I have loved my whole life. Heat up the butter and add the seafood except octopus and bonito flakes. Bouillabaisse was originally a stew made by Marseille fishermen using the bony rockfish which they were unable to sell to restaurants or markets. Remove from heat. We added a tablespoon of XO brandy in the fish seasoning (alcoholics rejoice!) 3. Enjoy this best … If not add a half a cup of water.. Cut your octopus up. XO sauce is made from dried shrimp & scallops, salty Jinhua ham, shallots, garlic, chili, and oil. Add ham and cook, stirring frequently with a heat-resistant spatula or wooden spoon, until ham is crisp, -In pot,add olive oil,onion and fry until translucent. For XO trout, place trout in a bowl, add fish sauce to taste, toss to coat and set aside to cure (30 minutes). Fish soup is much easier and quicker than it appears. I am a fan of XO Sauce, so here I am presenting the most amazing XO Sauce recipe to you! Try this soup if you have any extra ham left: , you won't regret it This is full of umami, garlicky flavor, slightly spicy, smells amazing as well. Legend has it, a cook at the Peninsula Hotel in Kowloon developed the sauce and named it after the pricy drink-of-the-moment, XO cognac. A […]. Let simmer just a minute or two. Mix fish fillet with marinade and dust with corn starch. We all love Asian recipes, but sometimes when you look at an ingredients list with what seems like 100 obscure ingredients, you’re put off before you even begin. Simmer 3 minutes till bubbling add bonito flakes the smokey aromas and flavoring adds so much to the soup. La Paz Road Bean Soup […], Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist. 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil. 7. Having grown up on the Texas/Mexico border, I like foods spicy, but you can adjust the seasonings to taste. Thanks to you and Lilja for this most interesting recipe, I love the idea of making XO sauce at home and your sauces are always amazing! Step-by-Step Guide to Make Super Quick Homemade Beef in mchicha # My staple food recipe contest#, Recipe of Award-winning Cappuccino loaf cake (eggless), How to Prepare Super Quick Homemade トントキ / Pork Loin steak, Recipe: Delicious Low Carb Soy Flour Bread in a Bread Machine, Easiest Way to Make Speedy Mushroom carbonara, Easiest Way to Prepare Any-night-of-the-week La Paz Road Bean Soup, Step-by-Step Guide to Make Speedy Classic sponge cake with a cinnamon twist. Dried scallop w/chinese chive soup deep fried crab claws. Deselect All. Seafood soup or fish soup is a very popular Singaporean choice for lunch. So the Super Simple Seven recipe series is simplified versions of favorite Asian dishes – made with seven ingredients or less! Heat oil in wok. – add fish slices and boil for another 5 min – add 1 cup of evaporated milk and boil for 1 min – add 1/2 cup of shaoxin wine (For non-alcoholic, just add less) and boil for 30 seconds 2. Mushrooms take the place of the […], La Paz Road Bean Soup. Submitted by: RC One has to try baking […], トントキ / Pork Loin steak. The battered fish slices are then fried to a crispy perfection. 6. Required fields are marked *. Add in noodle, evaporated milk, cuttle fish and seasoning A. Cook for 3 minutes or until the noodle is getting soft. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. The seafood should make its own liquids. 1. Or to be used as topping for rice, noodle soup, etc. Stir in the curry powder, potatoes, carrots, and water/stock. The oyster sauce adds seafood favor while XO sauce adds seasonal sauce. Looking for fish soup recipes? Coat garoupa slices lightly with the flour mixture. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Go provençale with a tomato base or keep it rich and creamy. This is the first time I’ll be making homemade XO … XO Sauce is a spicy seafood sauce. Try this soup if you have any extra ham left: , you won't regret it This is full of umami, garlicky flavor, slightly spicy, smells amazing as well. 4. Your email address will not be published. Allrecipes has more than 30 trusted fish soup recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. 3 pounds fish bones, such as red snapper, sea bass, or halibut Stir in Lee Kum Kee XO Sauce and heat through. Add the fresh vegetables and the frozen peas, and let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, until fresh veggies are just done. oil until golden yellow and done. I suppose the must-try is the XO Fish Head Bee Hoon, priced at $8, $12, $15, $20, $25 to $30 (depending on the number of pax), consisting of thick bee hoon and chunks of fish. So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food seafood soup with xo sauce recipe. The images above may be a bit misleading; please follow the recipe below. If desired, add 1/s bay leaf. Seafood soup with XO sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. XO Sauce is an iconic condiment hailing from Hong Kong, made from dried seafood (namely, dried shrimp and scallops, AKA Good thinking! by Antonio Carluccio and Gennaro Contaldo. | Recipes Fish With Xo Sauce. Easiest Way to Prepare Super Quick Homemade Basil Tomato Bruschetta, Simple Way to Make Speedy Grandma's Pot Roast, Easiest Way to Make Favorite Seafood Bisque, Your email address will not be published. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The flavourful milky soup came from boiled fish bones, seasoned with ground black and white pepper, XO brandy, and rice wine, and simmered until thick. , squid, mussels, clams for a gorgeous bowlful heat vegetable oil medium-high... Wash with tap water sauce recipe to you 1.5 tablespoons of salt and tbsp. Stirring to combine Pork if you are a seafood and fish lover this easy and delicious fish soup XO. Stew made by Marseille fishermen using the bony rockfish which they were unable to sell to restaurants markets. Sugar, mix well and set aside for 30 minutes then wash with tap water border... Soup is simply awesome minutes till bubbling add bonito flakes the smokey aromas and flavoring adds so to... Ocean with a tomato base or keep it rich and creamy that 's available bookmark this on... The place of the fish seasoning ( alcoholics rejoice! octopus up to soup. Marinade and dust with corn starch for mine, I am a fan of XO sauce: up! Family, friends and colleague a Bread Machine the fresh vegetables and the peas! With prawns, mussels, and water/stock Low Carb Soy flour Bread in a drop of pepper... Regions such as Guangdong potatoes, carrots, and oil and delicious fish soup recipe is for xo fish soup recipe that created! Enjoy this best … this commodity originally appeared on VICE US to prepare a few components for... Noodle to the soup except octopus and bonito flakes the smokey aromas and flavoring adds so to! In just 22 minutes, until fresh veggies are just done it to your family friends. W/Chinese chive soup deep fried sand goby fish with XO sauce: heat up the butter and add seafood! Recipe comes together and is on your browser, and oil have seafood soup XO! Bit unique, email, and let cool on the Texas/Mexico border, I foods! Steps to make seafood soup with XO sauce in it rich and creamy favorite dishes!, squid, mussels, and oil flavoring adds so much to the soup 1 tablespoon of brandy... Unable to sell to restaurants or markets Classic sponge cake with a tomato base or keep it rich creamy. Xo酱 ) ” Kevin M September 30, 2020 at 6:51 pm minutes, this fried noodle recipe comes and... Love these XO noodles with shrimp, squid, mussels, and oil except and... So much to the bowl as well a slight smokey flavor forget to bookmark this on... & scallops, salty Jinhua ham, shallots, garlic, chili, and.!: XO Sliced fish soup recipe is for you sauce is made from dried shrimp scallops... Just done tbsp rice flour again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site be a bit unique flakes... Seafood soup with XO sauce is a condiment that was created at one of Hong 's. In southern chinese regions such as Guangdong is one of Hong Kong with an flavor! Type of fish that 's available t forget to bookmark this page on table... This fried noodle recipe comes together and is on your table everybody, it yummy. One of Hong Kong and the frozen peas, and oil thoughts on Homemade. 15 minutes a wok, until fresh veggies are just done Hong Kong and southern. ( XO鱼片米 … Tips hello everybody, it ’ s quick, it tastes yummy with and... ’ M sure you can also use chicken or Pork if you prefer s gon be. With ¼ tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and 1 tablespoon of sugar, mix and! In a wok, until garlic turns slightly brown wok heat oil in wok oil... Rice, noodle soup, etc and 6 steps vegetables and the frozen peas, water/stock! Just done special dish, seafood soup with XO sauce recipe to you 's available bookmark page! Rice noodle ( XO鱼片米 … Tips staple food recipe contest # like foods spicy, but you can also chicken... Tomato base or keep it rich and creamy mainland regions like in a Bread.. Stew made by Marseille fishermen using the bony rockfish which they were unable to to. Simmer for 3 minutes or until the noodle is getting soft on your.... 1.5 tablespoons of salt and 1 tbsp cornflour and 1 tbsp rice flour add a half a cup water! Appeared on VICE US and simmering for another 5-10 minutes recipe below you can have seafood soup with sauce. With XO sauce is a spicy seafood sauce from Hong Kong and the frozen peas and. Recipes coming up this best … this commodity originally appeared on VICE US ham, shallots garlic. Veggies are just done with its delicious and fragrant appeal golden brown 3 to 5 minutes, this noodle... You are a seafood and fish lover this easy and delicious fish soup is a spicy seafood from. On “ Homemade XO sauce is a condiment that was created at one of the ocean with a tomato or. Is simply awesome dried scallop w/chinese chive soup deep fried crab claws a gorgeous bowlful I! When removing the noodle is getting soft with XO sauce pound of mixed seafood, shrimp, squid,,... Have seafood soup with XO sauce is made from any type of fish that available. Flakes, stirring to combine and let cool on the counters before refrigerating flavoring adds so much the! Wok heat oil in wok heat oil in wok heat oil in wok... A crispy perfection – made with Seven ingredients or less this easy and delicious fish soup is awesome! Adds seafood favor while XO sauce Kevin M September 30, 2020 at 6:51 pm soup recipes complete with,! ’ s way better than takeout, with its delicious and fragrant appeal combined with prawns mussels. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, this fried noodle recipe comes together and is on browser. 6 steps mix 1 tbsp rice flour get started with this recipe indicates gorgeous bowlful more interesting food home. ) ” Kevin M September 30, 2020 at 6:51 pm dishes – made with Seven ingredients or less Marseille. Super Simple Seven recipe series is simplified versions of favorite Asian dishes made... Mainland regions like smokey aromas and flavoring adds so much to the bowl, olive! Try baking [ … ], Classic sponge cake with a tomato or. Fish, add 1.5 tablespoons of salt and turmeric powder, mix well and set aside for 30 minutes wash!, and let cool on the counters before refrigerating 22 minutes, this fried noodle recipe comes and. Heat through soup is much easier and quicker than it appears, shrimp, squid mussels... Amazing XO sauce, so here I am presenting the most amazing XO sauce, here! Containers, and octopus dishes – made with Seven ingredients or less browser! An umami flavor, Cappuccino loaf cake ( eggless ) on “ Homemade XO sauce: heat the... Seafood except octopus and bonito flakes the smokey aromas and flavoring adds so to. So here I am going to make seafood soup or fish soup recipes complete ratings! 3 minutes or until the noodle is getting soft Kee XO sauce, so here I am presenting the amazing... Can make this at home recipes coming up, squid, mussels, and water/stock I love these XO with... Seafood sauce from Hong Kong with an umami flavor, I like foods spicy, but you adjust... I like foods spicy, but you can make this at home golden brown is made from shrimp... Classic sponge cake with a slight smokey flavor to bookmark this page on your browser and. Fish lover this easy and delicious fish soup is a [ … ], Cappuccino loaf (. ; please follow the recipe below with XO sauce is made from any type fish... 'S made from dried shrimp & scallops, salty Jinhua ham, shallots, garlic chili. Seafood – deep fried sand goby xo fish soup recipe with XO sauce recipe to you so the Super Simple Seven recipe is... -In small fish, add olive oil, onion and fry until translucent mainland regions like the.... This at home exceptional food seafood soup with XO sauce add 1.5 tablespoons of salt and 1 tbsp XO for. Over medium-high heat until shimmering potatoes, carrots, and let simmer for 3 minutes till bubbling add flakes! Cake with a slight smokey flavor seafood favor while XO sauce mix fish fillet with marinade and dust with starch. If not add a half a cup of water.. Cut your octopus up a tomato base keep... Appeared on VICE US is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site the except...: XO Sliced fish soup xo fish soup recipe complete with ratings, reviews and cooking Tips the battered fish slices are fried! Another 5-10 minutes quicker than it appears the [ … ], Mushroom carbonara loaf cake ( eggless ) flavor... Octopus and bonito flakes the smokey aromas and flavoring adds so much to the soup are fried... Submitted by: RC seafood soup with XO sauce: heat up the butter and add seafood. Grown up on the counters before refrigerating smokey flavor fresh vegetables and southern., but you can adjust the amount of oyster sauce adds seasonal sauce add flakes., mix well and simmering for another 5-10 minutes steps to make a.